So, I guess since I told you last post that I had a hilarious story to share-that I should share it. My bff (see below) brought my bridesmaid dress over the night before her wedding so that I would have it the next morning to get ready in. I tried it on to make sure my growing belly didn't pop it open, and then laid it on our guest bed that we sleep in every time we go to Drew's parents' house. (Side note-Drew's parents have 3 cats, all of whom I am allergic to, and all of whom we keep out of our room while we're there.) NEVER have we left the door open. Well, we're sitting on the couch, the night before Jen's big day, thinking it's bed time, when Drew's mom comes out with my dress in hand and says, "Drew! The cat peed on her dress!" We looked to see if that could have really happened and yep, there was my dress now a dark blue because of the wet pee all over the skirt. WHAT?! All I kept thinking was..."okay wake up, this is a dream!" 1-We never leave the door open. 2-Of ALL the things in our bedroom WHY THAT? 3-What did I do to the cats that made them play such an evil trick on me?? Well-we still don't know which cat, although we all have our speculations. We rinsed out the pee, tried to make it smell better without actually washing it, and then let it dry over night. LUCKILY-everything turned out ok. (I didn't smell bad to myself-sorry if you smelt me that day.) Now I just need to tell Jen the funny story :) Kinda gross now that you look at this pic huh?
Next story on the agenda: Drew's time capsule. He made it 10 years ago (2000, when he was in 9th grade.) He got to open it on January 1 (we actually opened it on January 4) and MAN was it funny. There were lots of funny things in there, but most of all-this question/answer thing he filled out. Try not to make fun of some of the answers (I did!...my comments are in parentheses..)
YEAR 2000 Time Capsule:
Favorite color? Orange (Awkward...never heard him mention this color. Now it's red.)
Favorite kind of music? Anything but country. (Still the same..)
Where will I serve the Lord on my mission? Germany. (He went to Chile)
How did my mission affect the rest of my life? Return With Honor. (Okay??)
My strenths are: Friendship (Same, with SO many others.)
My weaknesses are: Being rude. (Sometimes :)
My favorite Holiday: Christmas (Same..)
My favorite family tradition: Opening a present Christmas Eve (Maybe not favorite to this day, but he does love it.)
Favorite Memory: Disneyland w/ band June 8-9 1999 (I hope this has changed....)
My biggest crush: Paola Obregon (He was OBSESSED with this girl..)
My current crush: Paola Obregon
People that influence me the most: Mom (Cute, I think it's the same plus maybe 1 or 2 others)
Attributes of the person I'll marry: Pretty, smart, funny. (Check, check, check! Totally kidding :)
Current Prophet: Gordon B. Hinkley
Favorite Prophet: George Albert Smith (When he read that he was like, WHAT?)
How many times have I read the BOM or Bible: ZERO (Changed... :)
My goal is to read the BOM 2 times before my mission. (I'm not sure if he completed this?!)
Favorite fashion/clothing: Adidas (Random, he only has adidas shoes now.)
Least favorite fashion: Fubu (What even is this?)
Best thing about being a teenager: Friends
Worst thing about being a teenager: Not having a car.
Favorite Hobbies: Friends
Favorite TV show: Simpsons
Least favorite TV show: 90210
Favorite Movie: The Cube
Least Favorite Movie: Inspector Gadget.
Favorite Subject: BIOLOGY (What?)
Least favorite subject: Band
What career will I have? Psychologist. (HA! Wrong and wrong!)
What kind of place will I live? City. (Maybe :)
The most important thing in high school is: Education (I'm impressed!)
Favorite sport: Soccer.
Least favorite sport: Ballet (That qualified as a sport back then?)
Favorite soda: Dr. Pepper (Same..)
Favorite food: Taco Bell (Eh, depends on the city now to him.)
Grossest food: Anchovies (Who doesn't agree with this?)
What kind of person do I date? Paola (GEEZ!)
Which temple will I be married in? Hawaii. (Uh oh....)
How many kids will I have? 2 (He's in for a surprise..)
Favorite car: Ford mustang convertible (I wont mention that it also said Yellow..oops..)
Best thing to do to pass time: Sleep. (Still the same...he LOVES sleep.)
What college will I attend: UNR (University of Nevada Reno!?!?!?????)
Favorite music video: All The Small Things (Funny..this seems like FOREVER ago.)
I'm the biggest fan of: DREW BARRYMORE (In caps and underlined..)
My favorite scripture hero: Nephi
My dream vacation: Hawaii
Message to myself in the future: Stay cool and love Drew Barrymore. (WHAT THE??!)
Haha, sorry it was so long...I just thought it was so entertaining. A LOT has changed, and yet some hasn't at all. I love my hubby. :) We are going to make a time capsule this year to open in 2020. Weird!
4 comments:
That is such a cute post!! Well the second part!! I bet your BFF will have a good laugh over it!! That will be so fun to make one to open in ten years... its a good idea I think we might do it to! thanks for the idea! :)
ps hope everything is going good with your little bean growing inside you!!!
I really enjoyed this post! I love your commentary on Drew's answers! haha fabulous! I want a time capsule... And you just reaffirmed my dislike for cats. of course it would pee on the most important thing in there.
The cat pee story is a good one! The time capsule answers were entertaining :) Also, I think it's a fun idea. Maybe I'll make one and open it in 10 years!
Fubu is what all the gangsters wore. Haha. Also I always remember Drew in Adidas. Funny stuff. I wanna make a time capsule now :)
Post a Comment