In just one week I have learned more than I EVER thought I would having a newborn. Of course I have continued to learn how to do just the regular "mom stuff," like changing diapers, feeding, swaddling, and cuddling my baby the way he prefers. But more than that, I have learned things like TRUE empathy, and a deep love I've never experienced before. Whenever people have babies and they say, "I never knew I could love someone so much...," etc., you really CAN'T comprehend it until you have one of your own. In just one week he has completely changed my world for the better...and I would never wish to have things the way they were without him. He's so perfect :) He had a rough first week having to be under the jaundice lights until this morning. (We're hoping it stays down the rest of the day and it doesn't go back up, or he'll have to be put back under them.) But even though he HATED being in them at night and would scream until I picked him up, he is still my perfect angel. We love him so much. I wanted to just write down the things I have noticed about him that I love so I can remember them later.
I love when he holds my hand with both arms SO tightly around his chest.
I love his sad face he makes in the middle of a dream for a slight second.
I love his scrunched forehead when he looks up.
I love it when he's eating and hears someones voice, he'll stop eating until he makes eye
contact and then will continue to eat.
I love how he knows me.
I love his cross-eyes when he stares too long at something.
I love how he tightens his butt whenever I wipe him.
I love how his hair will stay in the same position after I comb it no matter what.
I love his hairy ears.
I love his "baby acne."
I love how he sleeps like me when he's on his back and like his daddy when he's on his tummy.
I love the grunts he makes when he is sucking on a binky and is hungry.
I love when he stretches and he sighs afterwards.
I. Love. Him.
P.S...when people say, "you will get peed on.." they aren't kidding. We have had him pee on us/himself 3 times..and counting. Poor thing...he makes the saddest face when he pees on his face! (Haha duh...)

5 comments:
I don't think I ever told you congrats! He's a beautiful little man! :) I'm so glad you get to experience the blessing of being a mother! It has made my life better and better as everyday goes by! Just enjoy the little things that he does, you'll be suprised on how fast they change! :) We always called the jaundice bed his little tanning bed :) just to lighten the mood! If there is anything I can do let me know! Congrats again!
Kylie! I'm so excited to read your blog and be updated with your adorable little man. He is so precious. Reading this makes me so excited to be a mom! I can't wait for the experience myself! I hope everything is going well for you and you're feeling alright. He is absolutely adorable! Love ya!
Congrats Kylie!! He is so darling! and being a mom really is the best. Sorry you're having to deal with the biliruben lights. We did that with Noah and he went off them and then back on - such a bummer! But he also had a bili bed (along with the blanket) and they said it was even more powerful so hurried things along. Not sure if that's an option for you guys or not.
I bet it's SO nice to have him home :) It sounds like you're making the adjustment really well! I'm sad too that we won't be there next week :( But I am way excited you guys are moving here! I told Jay that we were going to be able to see you and Drew and baby Luke a lot and she is excited. He's such a cutie Ky, I can't wait to hold him!
So precious Kylie! Congrats on being the mommy to such a darling little one! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment