I know, I know. I'ts been far too long and you have missed us so much! (Okay really, I know you haven't missed us THAT much but I do feel bad for not blogging more often.) December flew by for us as we had a different Christmas party every single weekend and then were able to spend about a week in Heber over Christmas. It was such a fun month and a great Christmas! Drew had decided last year that he hated driving in the snow SO much that he would rather fly this year to Heber for Christmas. Oh wait, last year...I'm still thinking it's 2011. Anyway, so we flew to Heber a couple days before Christmas. Luke did really well on the airplane! We had lots of snacks, movies, and toys just in case but he loved looking out the window and turning around to make faces and smile at the people behind us. He kept pointing out the window saying, "sty!" (Sky) He also became OBSESSED with Nightmare Before Christmas and Toy Story in December so we had his Buzz, Woody, and Jack doll on the plane with us. We took an early flight and had to be at the aiprort at 4:45 a.m. Let's just say that's not happening again. Too early, too hard with a teething toddler. (Tongue twister!) But we made it to Heber safely and quickly! The week was full of fun activites, yummy food, and of course some of our favorite people! Friday night before Christmas my parents took all my siblings and our significant others to a stand up comedy show in Provo. One of our close family friends is in it, and it was hilarious! We will definitely be going back! Christmas Eve we went to my aunt and uncles house for a gift exchange, some mexican food, and a nativity! Here are the few pics we got. (We didn't get ONE picture of all the cousins together or all of us siblings together. Which is sad because it's been the first Christmas in 3 years we were all there! And the last for a couple since Gav leaves on his mission next year.)
Christmas Eve

Handsome Boy!!
The nativity...here is a shepherd who didn't participate very well :)

And please don't mind my weird face. I just thought this was cute of Jaylee, Elle, and Maddix playing their parts so well :)

Luke watching the big boys play basketball in the SNOW-LESS back yard. First time my whole life there wasn't snow on Christmas, I swear!
Luke and my cousin's little boy Brodey :)

Christmas morning was really fun with all the kids. Luke was excited about his toys and Drew and I were excited about our gifts to each other as well! Drew got an iPhone, and I got a Kitchen Aide! (Plus lots more...we spoil each other. Though I think that is going to end now that we have a kid to spoil!) Santa told us that he left Luke's big present (a basketball hoop) at our house in Vegas so we wouldn't have to pack it on the plane. How nice! He was so excited when we got home to yet ANOTHER present.
Drew modeling his new hat

Luke admiring his presents!

Opening his presents...

Elle and Luke right before we went to see what Santa brought.

That's all for now. Next up...Favorite memories from 2011 and what we're looking forward to in 2012!! :)
2 comments:
You forgot the best part of your trip...you ran into me at the store!! haha Looks like so much fun! I think you are right with it being the first snow-less Christmas we've had! Miss you friend :)
I'm glad you had a good trip and Christmas!! And Luke is getting cuter and cuter.
Post a Comment