Dear Ali,
One more month until you are a half a year old. I can't believe it. It seems like I was just writing your 4 month letter. We were in Heber when you turned 4 months and that seems like yesterday. You have grown and developed a lot this month, but you've also started having more tummy troubles. The last two weeks you have been to your pediatrician, an urgent care doctor, and the ER. All of them just say constipation and gas but my mommy intuition thinks it's something more. You scream like you're in pain, and nothing seems to relieve it. I've started taking a detailed food journal and I'm hoping to notice some patterns. All I've somewhat realized so far is maybe peanuts make you grumpy? We'll see. I just hope we figure it out soon because it breaks my heart to see you so sad.
You roll like crazy now. You can sit up for a few seconds on your own. You LOVE your excersaucer and your jumper. You have cut your eating time in half. Like literally you take 3-5 minutes to nurse. It kind of stresses me out cause I feel like you aren't even getting anything but you seem satisfied (and look like you're getting plenty! ;)
We haven't started foods of any type because I am too stressed about your tummy, and the new recommendation is 6 months. So we'll hold off on that for a while. You are SO interested in our food and drinks though. Poor thing. Soon enough sweetie!
You still love your brother and grin from ear to ear when you see him after waking up in the morning and from naps. You could watch him play all day, and sometimes do! I started working one day a week and though it's been really hard to leave you, I know it's good for you to have a break from me because you're a TOTAL mama's girl. I hope that never changes.
You still LOVE bath time. You kinda still hate your car seat but we moved you to the middle seat in our new van so you can see your brother and that seemed to help.
Your squeals and giggles make all the hard days and nights worth it. I'm hoping once you start to feel better we can get you on a better sleeping schedule. Right now you are waking up twice a night (at least) but most of the time it's because you are uncomfortable and in pain. So once we get that under control, I'm sure you'll go back to once a night.
You are getting so big and we are still having so much fun with you in our family. You are just so sweet and melt my heart everytime you look at me. Time is FLYING and soon you will be 6 months. So crazy. We love you to the moon and back sweet girl.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment