When we moved to Vegas in August of 2010, I jumped on an emotional roller coaster. I was excited for us to start a new adventure with our 3 month old son. Drew had a great job, we were looking for our first home to buy, and I was excited to meet new people and make friends. Unfortunately, those things didn't happen right away. (Well Drew's job happened right away, but that just added to my loneliness during the days.) We moved into a small townhouse in a semi-scary neighborhood so I NEVER left by myself. I was pretty much in the house all day every day with Luke. I quickly became pretty negative towards Vegas. When we bought our house in December of 2010, I was a little happier! It was in a really nice neighborhood, a convenient location, and a good ward. Once again I had high expectations for my negativity to turn around. I left the house more and more, and met lots of people, and I DID get happier.
Now, we are moving away from Henderson (to the North West) and I find myself so sad about it! It's the best thing for us financially and for our future goals but you definitely get comfortable with your surroundings. I still know that I don't want to live in Las Vegas forever. But I don't despise it like I used to. ;) And I attribute that to our time on Amber Rock Street.
So many memories in our home and in Henderson. Luke starting to walk and talk. Bringing our baby girl home. Many get-togethers and parties. But what I'm most sad to leave is our daily routine! We have our "stores" or "places" we go every day, even if it's just to roam around. We have our favorite restaurants and parks over here. Luke's best friend lives just around the corner. And his preschool is only 10 minutes away. I know, these things can all be replaced in the NEW area we are going to live in, but it's still hard! I worry a lot about Luke. He keeps saying he really doesn't want to move and asks every day how many more days. It breaks my heart a little bit each time. I know he is young, he will make lots of new friends, and he will adjust quickly. But, it still makes me sad to see him sad to leave the only home he's ever known. I will really miss our back yard, and all the work we put into it, as well as the work we did in our house. Our new house has LOTS more space and though I love that it has a "play room" for our kids, it will be a little sad to have them not ALWAYS on top of us and our stuff. ;) I have decided I'm just not good at change. It sucks.
24 Amber Rock, you were good to us. I will forever remember you and the good years we spent living within your walls. (Haha, cheesy or what?)
3 comments:
I am the exact same way and am the worst with change! I was so sad when we first lived in Cedar, and now I miss it so much! But at the same time I don't despise Salt Lake like I used to (although I don't think I'll be sad when we leave haha). Change is hard. Miss you!!
Wow you sold your house?! Why are you moving?! Did you buy a new one?? Ah. I hate not talking to you for long periods of time lol
That was quick on the house sale. I love the north west -- I think you'll love it too. Where will you be? There's some awesome parks off of like...the 95 and Durango.
Post a Comment