So..it's been far too long, I know. I have no excuse really. I'm not that busy. I have quite a lot of time on my hands...but..I've just been blog lazy I guess. And even now that I'm posting, it probably won't be too exciting because I don't feel like posting pics and if I don't go back to my laying position on the couch within 4 minutes then my baby might decide to come out. :)
I have to admit I have had this expectation of what will happen when it's time for baby Luke to arrive. (That's what we decided to name him, if you haven't heard! :)) I figured it would be the middle of the night (like the movies) and I would wake up and my water would break and we'd rush to the hospital and he'd be born. Uh...wrong-o. Let's just say it's been quite surprising and not very fun-but I know it will be worth it.
Last Tuesday, I started having really bad cramps and leaking and decided I better go talk to my Doc, who of course just told me to go to Labor and Delivery. Now, it's a week later, and we've been back 4 times! It turns out I had a kidney stone, and UTI that started preterm labor. When I got there last week I was dialated to a 1, 60% effaced, and contracting every 4 minutes. They gave me antibiotics and a med to slow down the contractions, which worked enough to slow it down, but not stop it. I had to go back a couple more times last week and left for Heber (I didn't even ask my Doc, for fear he'd say no...) dialated to a 2 and 70% effaced. We had a fun time in Heber! I thought it would be miserable but I felt well enough to enjoy most of the weekend. I had a great baby shower and got lots of really nice things-good thing, cause I think he's coming pretty soon!
I had to go back this morning because of an allergic reaction to the med that slows contractions. Turns out I was a little bit more dialated and effaced, so they kept me ALL day to make sure I wasn't progressing too fast. I'm still contracting regularly and the Doc put me on "bed rest" (not strict...) and told me to go in as soon as I feel like it's time! So, we're crossing our fingers for another week or two. But if he decides to come before, our Dr. reassured us that 34 week old premies are usually just fine.
Anyway-it's been a crazy week and I'm sure it will only get crazier. I will keep everyone updated as I'm able to! Next post, we might have a baby! Good thing we got organized early. :) Love everyone-hope all is well with everyone else! Until next time... :)
4 comments:
Wow, I hadn't been updated on the latest yet! Take it easy and hopefully Luke will wait a little while yet :)
agggh... i hope luke doesnt come too early!
you will be a great mom ky! :)
sorry i wasnt able to make it to your baby shower! sounds like it was a hit!
Ky! that's nutso! It was so good to see you though so i'm glad you didn't ask your doctor if you could come or not! I love you and baby luke and hope he doesnt' want to come for another week!
Hey, I am so sorry about all of that and I'm sure bed rest sucks, but the doc. knows best. I'm sure if he decides to come early he will be just fine. My baby boy is due in two weeks so maybe they will come at the same time!!!Hope everything goes smoothly.
Post a Comment