September 8, 2010

New Look, New Job

We've heard from many different people that if their babies hair is patchy, shaving it by 3 months usually means it will grow in nice and un-patchy. :) We also heard the opposite, never to shave your babies head because it's their cute baby hair. Well, although I was very very sad to get rid of his cute baby hair, we decided it would be best to try the shave, since his hair was getting extremely patchy. He already has peach fuzz growing in after a week and a half and it's really cute, so I'm sure it will grow back fast and even cuter than before...until then, we have a little baldy on our hands. Here are some pics of him before and after the buzz....he looks so much older and cute in a different way :)
Haha...caught them off-gaurd.

Me and my boy before the buzz..

He loves mommy's kisses!!

He's adorable...

See the patchy-ness??

He's a big boy!!

He didn't even care what was happening :)

Big difference eh??

Still cute....


Drew started his new job and absolutely loves it. He teaches hospitality/marketing, event planning, and a film class. He's pretty busy but is having a lot of fun while finally making some real money! :) All the students already love him and he's been asked to be the basketball club advisor (they don't have teams there since it's a magnet school...the kids play on public school teams...) the salsa dance club advisor, and a fundraiser club advisor. Unfortunately, he had to turn down all three offers because he's already a DECA advisor, and the 9th grade student council advisor. I just said advisor like 12 times, but anyway....he's the new popular guy! The first week of school he had his students do a team building, leadership exercise and a lot of the teachers were praising him and asking if they could borrow his idea. Also, he has a cricket machine in his room...(awesome)...and he put up positive quotes on his wall, which the teachers also thought was a good idea. So obviously he's doing great!! I wish I could go witness him teach one of these days, but hopefully I will sometime. Here are some pics of his room!
Drew came up with this by himself...I thought it was clever :)

The movie posters on the back wall are for his film class...

Positive quotes/organized board :)

Another quote and his desk...


And last, but not least....a bunch of cute pics from labor day weekend. My mom and Chellcee (my brother whose on a mission, Garrett's girlfriend) came down to St. George to meet us. We stayed at my grandma's house in Washington, which is always a good time, and just relaxed. I had to get some pics of Luke with Chellc to send to Garrett. I love his eyes in all these pics. The blue onesie he's wearing brings out his bright blues. My baby boy is the cutest! Oh...and side note...the prevacid seems to really be helping!! We're crossing our fingers.
Love his little dimple..

Cutie pies..

He was laughing :)

Look at those blues!

Sorry...this one is blurry!

I found him like this taking his nap :)

Just a cute face shot...and you can see his hair growing back!!

4 comments:

Sorensons said...

Luke is so stinkin cute! I can't believe you guys shaved his head but he looks cute with and without hair!! :) Drew's room looks great and how exciting for him.

Grandma Hawaii said...

It was a good weekend and we enjoyed having you. Luke is an adorable baby & you two are loving, competent parents..Here's to many more happy times. Good luck to Drew. We are sure he will be a very successful teacher.

Grandma Hawaii

The Jones Fam said...

Jaylee has one dimple too and I think it's the cutest. Hair, or no hair, I still think Luke is one of the cutest babies ever :)

Landon Family said...

Cute! Yeah a few of my friends have done that but I just didn't dare! You'll have to tell me how it works :) and I'm so glad to hear that Drew loves his job! He's room is awesome. And Luke is so freakin cute!!!! Good job ky :)