(So, this will be boring to some and amusing to others. But mostly Drew and I just wanted to document it. )
Luke has been really fussy the past couple days. Not just whiny, wiggly fussy, but SCREAMING in the middle of eating or "happy time" fussy. We've tried lots of different things thinking it was gas or constipation (he's had these problems in the past, so why not just think that, right?) but finally this morning I decided to call our new Doc to try and get in and see what's going on. I didn't think about acid reflux until my sister-in-law mentioned that it could possibly be that. After I explained all his symptoms, the doc confirmed that was probably what he had. She decided to prescribe prevacid and get him started on that, and we'll check up on how he's doing at his 4 month apt. in two weeks. So....heres where it gets good.....
Our new insurance with Drew's job is a teacher insurance, and we were told it was only accepted at Walgreens, so I took it to Walgreens. We haven't received our insurance card yet, so I was hoping they could look up the info by Drew's social security number, like our doctor did. But the pharmacist informed me that she couldn't do that, and the medication would be $97.00 without insurance. So...off I went to think of the next plan.
When Drew got home from work he realized we might still have insurance with his Cedar Breaks job because you're supposed to be covered for 30 days after your last day, which was August 5. So, we went to Smith's to see if they would fill it because I had just filled a prescription there a couple days ago with our old insurance. (Confused yet???) They said they could, and to come back in 30 minutes. So...off we went to Sonic to get a drink while we waited.
We go back to Smith's, and they inform us that they couldn't fill it because our insurance got canceled on Aug. 31st. We have no idea why that happened because that was not 30 days, but whatev. So we left to shop at Wal Mart.
As we were at Wal Mart, Drew's mom said she would pay for the prescription if they would reimburse her once we showed them our insurance info. We called them first to see if they covered our new insurance, and second to see if they would allow that and they said, "Yes, you have two weeks to get us your insurance info, and you'll be reimbursed in full. The total is $214.00." I told them no thanks, we'll take it to Walgreens since it was only $97.00 there. They said they would match Walgreens price and to come to Smith's. So we did.
When we got there, they informed us that there was a problem with the prescription and the doctor had written it wrong. Supposedly soluable prevacid can't be broken in half as the doctor wrote. So they informed us they'd have to call our doctor in the morning (since it was now after 6:00) and get it straightened out. Discouraged from our 4 trips driving back and forth to Smith's, our house and Wal Mart, we just got Luke some tylenol and headed home.
As soon as we walked in our door, I get a call from Smith's saying they got a hold of the doctor, and it was correct, I would just have to be extremely careful when breaking the pill in half. Oh...okay. Ha! So, I went back to Smith's to get the prescription.
All I have to say is this medicine better be worth the trouble! My poor little man is just not himself. We are so thankful for parents that continue to help us when we have issues like this. They are awesome. Now I'll have to go back to Smith's on Tuesday to get our reimbursement and show them our insurance info...until then, I DO NOT want to go there for any reason. :)
My next post will be much more exciting...we took pics of Drew's classroom so I'll update everyone on that!
2 comments:
What an ordeal!! Sometimes insurance is so weird. We had Maddox on the same prescription and he did great. And I don't think it was that hard to break the pill in half. :P Anyway, hopefully everything starts to get a little better!
Heavens to BETSY. Is this the blog Drew said I'd appreciate. Oh, oh...that's so hard to deal with all that when you have a miserably sick baby! Poor things, all of you. But at least you don't sound too angry about it with all your smiley faces. :-)
Post a Comment