August 25, 2010

Month 3

Dear Luke,

I am writing this a day early, you actually turn 3 months tomorrow. But I wanted to write right now because I need you to know what I'm feeling exactly in this moment. It's been a rough couple of days, maybe even the hardest so far. You have rarely been the happy boy I know and love, and have been especially grumpy. Daddy and I have discussed whether we think its still the gas issue or something different like maybe teething or something. Whatever it is, not much helps relieve your pain or stress or crying fits. :( However, despite how you're feeling during the day, you have slept 8 1/2 hours 2 days in a row, and last night 7 1/2. That's awesome! Please keep that up. Anyway, back to today. You woke up feeling a little better, so I hope whatever was wrong has passed. You seem to want me to cuddle you more lately, and I just cuddled you for a 1/2 hour before you fell asleep in my arms. I don't care what people/books say about not letting your child get used to getting rocked to sleep. I will rock you to sleep however/whenever you want. Its one of the best things ever. As I rocked you to sleep, our eyes were locked as you drifted off. I couldn't help but think, even though it's been a hard couple days, I couldn't love you any more than I do. I am so thankful for you and the happiness you bring to daddy and me. We will have many ups and downs, but our love for each other will continue to grow and we will always overcome our obstacles. Thanks for loving me even when I can't help whatever is wrong. I hope during month 4 you grow out of all the issues. Every doctor I talk to says you will, so let's all cross our fingers. I love you little buddy.
This month you:
-Went to the beach on our first family vacation! (pictures in previous post)
-Moved to a new home
-Went to your aunts wedding (and looked more handsome than anyone there!)
-Began sleeping through the night (maybe..lets hope it's a trend.)
-Got even better at lifting your head. You try so hard to sit up already.
-Laughed for the first time! It was a little one, but it was a laugh.
-Began talking lots more!
-Had your first constipation episode :(

Likes:
1-Bath time! (Still your favorite time of day...)
2-Eating...again and again
3-Talking MUCH MORE than last month.
4-Being held. Especially when we are out, you like to look around.
5-Your binky, although I think you are growing out of this like.
6-Sleep, YAYA
7-Hearing mommy or daddy around. You kick your legs whenever we come near!
8-Your swing and bouncy chair. You talk to the animals on them. :)
9-High pitched voices.
10-T.V.!
11-Getting lotion rubbed on you.
12-Your hands...MMM....
13-Getting sung to

Dislikes:
1-Having to go to the bathroom. This needs to change.
2-Having your diaper changed. Weirdo!
3-Waiting to eat when you're hungry.
4-Your carseat. Especially now that we live in 110 degree weather.
5-A too cold bottle
6-Being moved around when you're sleeping. You don't like to be bothered.
7-People you don't recognize to hold you or even talk to you now. You scream.
8-Not getting what you want in 1 second. (What baby likes this?)

We love you so much Luke. You change every day and I can't believe you're one month older. I hope the sleeping thing keeps up as well as your gas issues to go away this month. Lets pray for both! Love you baby boy.

Love, Mom

Watching T.V.

Love him...

Staring at our DVD's :)
Sucking on his thumb
Happy Boy
Watching The Office with daddy
Mmmmm...Fingers...
Video of him laughing...it gets better throughout.


2 comments:

Chad and Deb Mission said...

I loved this...I'm so proud of you and you're such a good mom.
It's the greatest thing. I love being your mom, and now I love being a grandma to Luke.

Kyle, Chelsi, Whitli and Weston said...

Hey Kylie can you even believe how fast they grow up? To fast for me. Anyways I am sorry to hear Luke still is having belly issues, I feel your pain. Weston hasn't grown out of his yet either. I don't know if you are breast feeding, but I have found that not eating dairy and chocolate has helped Weston a little. Well I hope he grows out of it soon, it's so hard to watch your baby be in pain and not be able to help him.