October 11, 2010

Help! I'm frustrated...

Okay. I need to vent. I love my baby boy. More than anything. He is my world. But for a week now he has been such a mean monster! He had two ear infections and a cold two weeks ago, and we got antibiotics for him. During that time, he was a little grumpy and fussy but not so much that he couldn't be soothed. A week after we started the antibiotics, he started getting more and more fussy. He would get to the point of screaming and wouldn't eat, be rocked, sleep, or even take a bath without grunting and whining. We have "Hylands colic tablets" that we have given him since he had all his gas troubles that worked wonders, so we bought the all natural "Hylands teething tablets" to see if they would help, no luck. We try cold rags/teething toys, tylenol, cold water bottles, and much more. Everything that normally makes him happy, doesn't. He wakes up in the morning crying, like-tears and red eyes crying, and from all naps the same way. He hardly eats. He has to be held. ARGHHHH!!! Can you sense my frustration? I just don't know what to think. I'm not sure if his ear infections are just hurting him now after 2 weeks of finding out he had them? Or if he's actually teething or what. I can't feel or see a tooth, so I'm not sure about that...but I could be wrong. Anyway, I love him, really. I just hope that in the next couple days whatever is wrong will go away. If it is a tooth, I hope it pops through. Even then though, he has a lot more teeth to come in...and I don't know if I can handle a week and a half of spawn of Frankenstein. Somebody, anybody...please give me advice! I don't know what to do, and if it continues like this I might just call the Doc so he can confirm whether it's teething or his ear infection or what. Here's a cute pic of my little poop head. :)


5 comments:

Kyle, Chelsi, Whitli and Weston said...

Oh Kylee I'm sorry. I think the toughest part about being a new mommy is not knowing what is wrong. Don't be afraid of taking him to the doctor, trust your motherly instinct. I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Neil, Ali, Emma & Claire said...

So this may sound really weird. But have you thought about maybe a yeast infection? I know antibiotics can cause yeast infections and I know Emma has had them before due to being on antibiotics and some doctors recommend giving babies acidophilus while they are on antibiotics to prevent yeast infections. I don't know, but that could be it. I don't know how common they are in boys though.

Sorensons said...

Oh Kylie, I'm so sorry!! It wouldn't hurt to take him to the doctor and see what he says. I hope he gets feeling better soon. I laughed so hard that you called him your little poop head. :)

Chad and Deb Mission said...

He wants to visit Grandma Deb... do you want to bring him to me, or should I just come and pick him up?

Love you...Hang in there. These are the best times of your life...promise.

The Jones Fam said...

That really is a cute picture, it's hard to imagine him as a monster :) Some babies are just horrible teethers, and it's such a long process. Hang in there, make sure you get time for yourself, and it will eventually pass.