August 7, 2011

Serious Slacker

We are back from vacation, for good. This makes me sad but in a way, equally, happy. It's so fun traveling with my two boys and I seriously love road trips. Even with a baby. He has his days, but as long as we have cartoons and snacks, he is pretty good. (He seriously is an angel baby until it comes to cars...then his evil twin emerges.) We were able to do lots of fun things this summer, and it will probably be our last summer that both of us are "completely off work" for the whole summer. Now that I have a job, it won't be AS easy to make quick trips places. But I am sure we will still find a way. Drew is excited to get back to work in 2 weeks, and I start training this Wednesday. I am nervous, and excited...(so I will sing a song about being nervous but excited...has anyone seen that Zac Efron High School Musical skit on SNL? Go watch it. Now. I love it. HILARIOUS...then you will understand the nervous but excited thing..haha..) and I know it will be the best thing for our family, all of us. I just hope I don't miss TOO many cute things that Luke does. Hopefully he is just boring all day for everyone else because he is so funny and I seriously am dying thinking about the funny faces/noises/anythings he makes that I will be missing while at work. But like I said, it's the best thing for us. I am really hoping grown-up conversations and feeling accomplished and responsible for something will help me get more acclimated to life in Vegas. It's been a hard *VERY HARD* adjustment for me. Different than I expected. This time when we left Heber it was even harder because I was leaving behind my brother and his family (who just moved there from Henderson. They lived 10 minutes from us.) Although we didn't hang out TONS when they were here, we saw them enough and switched baby sitting enough that I've already seen the difference without them here. (And it's only been a couple days.) But they are in a place thats better for their family too. So I am happy for them. Anyway-this is turning into a rant that I wasn't planning on. I will hopefully get more organized/back on track with blogging once we get back into our normal daily grind. Until then, we are painting our whole house and I am making lots of home decor crafts that will keep me pretty busy. But the plus side is, then I will have something to blog about! :) I have been horrible about taking pics this summer. Here is a cute one of Luke at Drew's family reunion Luau party.


-Luke now has two molars. They were a party coming in, let me tell you. (ARRGGHH NIGHTMARE!)
-He walks/runs everywhere and hates holding our hands. He has his own agenda.
-He loves Elmo and Blue's Clues and Yo Gabba Gabba. The characters are his bff's!
-He is such a good eater and will eat almost anything.
-He is *for the most part* weaned off his bottle, and goes to sleep on his own after just a little crying. (I hate that part but he is getting better and better.)
-He loves to dance and sing the Elmo song, "La la la...la la la la..."
-He got his first (and it was NASTY) black eye last week.
-He still only says basic words, but his jabber talk gets more and more crazy, which I am hoping means he is closer to saying bigger words. We'll see. ;)

4 comments:

The Jarretts said...

You Gabba Gabby drives me crazy! Last summer when we stayed for a week and a half with Trav's brother, our niece watched it non stop. I always get the song "I like bugs" stuck in my head. have you seen that one? it's (slighly)funny (for an annoying show).

Sorensons said...

Good luck at your new job! Luke is so cute!

The Jones Fam said...

I'm sorry that Jett was responsible for Jett's black eye :( We will miss you guys too, and I know the kiddos will miss Luke! It's kind of funny, I just did a post about how much I am going to MISS Henderson. Don't worry, you'll probably get there some day :)

Landon Family said...

It was good to see you guys last weekend!!! I STILL cannot believe how big Luke is :0 it's so amazing. I love that guy! And good luck with your new job that is so exciting!!!