Just thought I would give a few quick updates.
Luke-
Luke will be 17 months old tomorrow. Can't believe he is almost a year and a half! We took him to nursery and he did so well, we left him and I'm happy to say we probably will/can from here on out! Church was a whole new experience without him. Haha...I love him and am sad my baby is growing up. But I am also happy that Drew and I can enjoy church again without passing our terrorizer back and forth. :) He is talking like crazy, sometimes (well most of the time) he doesn't make sense to anyone but himself, but atleast he is talking! He can say lots of different words and he understands almost everything we ask or tell him. He just has a hard time pronouncing things the right way. He'll get there, though. I think getting tubes has helped him hear the way things are pronounced better. So that should help. He is into everything and running around crazier than ever before! He loves to play outside and would rome around the whole neighborhood if we'd let him. He LOVES his best buddy Landon (his babysitters's baby who is just a few months younger than Luke) and they are learning to share and play together. Luke wont eat like he used to and I am hoping it's just a phase. He is picky now and only likes to eat at certain times of the day. Which makes sense because he is now a little person instead of a tiny baby who eats almost all day every day. It's just so hard figuring out a schedule when he is constantly changing! But we just adapt and change with him. He is so fun :)
Drew-
Drew is busy planning the Halloween Carnival at East Tech which is this Wednesday. (Those of you who live in Henderson/Vegas, please come!) Last year it was a huge success and this year will probably be even bigger! Go Drew and the Event Planning classes! He is loving teaching again this year and will start his Masters program in January. Hmm...what else.... :) He is still the cutest hubby ever! He bought these shower crayons and leaves me cute notes in the morning for me to wake up to.

Kylie-
I am loving my job more and more as time goes on. It is super fun and now that I know what I am doing I think I'm actually good at it! Haha. My boss and co-workers are all amazing and I am lucky to be a part of the company! They treat us very well! I was right about my head ache meds slowing down my weight loss, because as soon as I went off of them, I started to lose again. BUT THEN, my time of the month came around and caused another short stall. So total, I have lost 8 pounds. Which is good, but I am kinda stuck now. I keep fluctuating between 6 and 8 pounds lost and I can't seem to break it. So I am going to try a couple different things this week and hope to kick start another 8, and then one more set of 8! I have to admit the days I lose I feel awesome and so motivated, but weekends like this where I am STUCK just totally get the best of me. I don't even feel motivated and I just want to quit. But I know in the end, it will be worth it. So I'm going to try and stick it out. I really want to lose as much as possible and feel as good as possible before we start thinking about another baby...which honestly I hope is sooner than later. :)
And a quick update on Garrett. He saw the neurologist, who said he will need surgery, but it would require more testing to determine when. We all assumed that meant he should come home asap and continue the testing, and then decide where to go from there. My parents almost had their bags packed to go get him, and then his cardiologist in Salt Lake decided to get on a conference call with all the Docs that have been seeing Garrett in Cali. They all decided together, that his case isn't severe enough to make him up and go asap. He will need surgery, and will need to be watched closely, but another 2.5 months wont be a huge difference. My parents were able to talk to Garrett a few times, and I was able to over email, and we are all happy he gets to finish out his mission. He was very sad and discouraged that he might have to come home. So hopefully he will be okay and be able to tolerate his headaches for a little bit longer! I can't wait to hug him and tell him how proud I am of him!
Anyway, that's all for updates! We are going to St. George this weekend for our annual Murder Mystery party, so next post will be entertaining, I am sure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment