October 30, 2011

Murder Mystery Party #5







Drew and I started a FUN tradition our first halloween together, and have continued that tradition every year since! If you haven't ever been to/tried a Murder Mystery dinner or party, YOU NEED TO! They are a blast.


If you haven't heard of one or don't know what it is, here is a little run down. It's basically a "scripted" party where everyone is assigned a character and they come dressed as the character. There is a "script" that you follow that reveals certain clues and points of conversation and "evidence" that points to multiple characters as the "murder". (I am going quotation mark crazy right now....haha). Every year we get better and better at figuring out certain clues and paying attention to little details. But we still have a hard time figuring out who the murder is. Everyone gets really in to it and Drew and I have a blast planning the menu and decorations. (And choosing who is going to play who.) This year it was an Alice in Wonderland theme and was probably one of the most fun ones we have done, if not the FUNNEST! (I know it's not a word but there is not another word to describe the excellence of the night!) Here are some pics from previous years, and then from this year. Thanks again to all our friends that could make it! For those of you who couldn't, we missed you this year! See you next year hopefully!


This was our very first year when Drew and I were dating, 2007. The theme was winter ski resort.


This was our first Halloween married, 2008, and we didn't get a group shot :( The theme was a Luau.

This was in 2009 when I was first pregnant and not feeling great, but it was still super fun! It was a masquerade! Obviously..haha...


Last year, in 2010, was a Haunted House "workers" theme. We were all some type of monster. We held it in Drew's dad's barn in Cedar City. Super spooky and fun! :)



And finally, this year's pics! 2011, Alice in Wonderland. We all met in St. George at my parents home they just bought. Thanks again mom and dad! Enjoy :)



The tea party....there are cards and christmas lights and lanterns hanging...



Another view...














3 comments:

Lola + Ryan said...

You guys are such a fun couple! I wish we could have been there. Loved seeing all the pics!

Sorensons said...

What a fun tradition! Good job on the decor.

The Jarretts said...

If only Travis weren't so lame and hated dressing up and acting we could have been in a few of those pics.....