March 15, 2013

Baby Nursery

This might be a boring post about baby girl's room and the work that went into it. BUT, I'm 37 weeks and 2 days, I got news yesterday that my cervix is no longer dilated and is closed, and my contractions just keep getting worse and worse. Thus, I'm pretty discouraged today. Like I said before, when you go into pre-term labor and the doctors do everything they can to keep you from delivering too early, you kind of make up this scenario in your mind that your baby WILL be early. It's just a matter of how early. Now that my body isn't responding to the contractions like it was at 28-32 weeks, I am kind of upset. Doctor says he will induce me at 39 weeks, but if my cervix is still closed I don't want to induce due to the risk of my cervix not doing it's job and ending in c-section. I know the goal in the end is just to have a healthy baby girl. And it's not far away. But in the mean time, I will do things like blog about pointless subjects in hopes of getting my mind off my tightening uterus. ;)

Crib bedding: Pottery barn. Laundry basket/diaper basket: Ross. Dresser: Re-painted from our bedroom. Rug: Mom-in-law, Lori crocheted. :)

 My sis-in-law, Jeri, made that canvas on the left with the lyrics from Coldplay's song, "Yellow." Cute huh!
Chair: Target 2010 (from Luke's baby-hood ;), Lamp: IKEA, Owls: Hobby Lobby. Be You Tiful canvas: From Drew's mom for Christmas to me. (It happened to match baby room!) Framed fabric and mirror: Crafts I made from Hobby Lobby.
 I love how everything came together. I had my eye on the lamp from Target long before we even decided on colors for her room or anything. I love it because it doesn't shade the light coming out and keeps her room really bright!
 Seriously this wall looks like it was a lot of money to gather all this stuff, but literally cost me less than $20! The black frames were CHEAP from hobby lobby and I just cut fabric to fit. The owls were half off from Hobby Lobby and we spray painted them, easy! The frame was also half off and I added little diamonds. The Canvas was a gift, and the lamp is from IKEA but bought at a yard sale. Score! (This pic below is actually in black and white with the yellow accentuated. Just playing with my new camera! ;)
 I found this craft from another blog and it was so easy! The owl (Hobby Lobby) was also spray painted from pink. We found the branch in our back yard and spray painted it black. The hearts were cut out from a cricut and then sewn together with thread. Super easy! Super cute!
 It was really fun putting the room together and finding little things to match. I like how cheery and fun it turned out! Now all it needs is a baby girl to brighten it up even more. Can't wait!


3 comments:

Landon Family said...

Awe! So sweet. I love how it turned out too. The colors are great and it's just so cozy and relaxing! You are so awesome with decorating and just having cool ideas. I am sad the baby hasn't come yet so we wont be able to stop in and see her on our way back tomorrow :( buuuuut I am sure we will see her anyhow one day! :)

Lola + Ryan said...

um. holy crow. i am so impressed it hurts.

Alyse said...

Super cute Ky! She will love her room :) Now, we just have to convince her that it's nice out here. We got her so convinced to stay in there for so long that it might be tricky to let her know it's not so bad out here!