April 29, 2013

1 month

Dear Ali,

Already 1 month old! We spent what seemed like forever waiting and waiting for you, then you came and now time is FLYING. You are the sweetest baby. We can't get enough of the cuddles and kisses. You are starting to look more like your brother, but have your own look, too. You make the cutest little faces and are already so dynamic. You even mimic sounds sometimes! (Maybe, I might be dreaming that one...haha.) My favorite face you make, we call "Blue Steel" because you look like Zoolander. You are a great eater but not so much at scheduled eating. Starting today I am going to try and help you get on a schedule because it's hard for us all when you are so unpredictable. ;) It makes me stressed and worry that my milk supply is weird and you aren't getting enough at certain times. Hopefully we will figure it out together this week! Other than being a little fussy in the evenings, you really are an angel. I'm hoping you don't grow into having the same gas and tummy issues as your brother. You do seem to spit up a lot so I'm hoping acid reflux isn't something you have to deal with too!




You have already done so much this month!

-We have been to two movies, "Croods" and "Oz". I want to squeeze in a few more with you while we can!    It's such an easy date for us cause we can take you.
-We took a trip to Heber to visit Grandpa and Grandma Jones and lots more family and friends. It was a rough week because it was also the week your brother decided to get jealous and all "3 year old" on me. (His attitude and tantrums might be my biggest test of patience to date.) But we will be going back to Heber in a week to visit again after your baby blessing.
-We also went to DISNEYLAND. Most people thought I was crazy, and most people told me so, even strangers that asked how old you were. We had so much fun and you were easy as pie! We had lots of down time in the hotel room to rest and give you and your brother naps. It was a perfect vacation. We decided to get annual passes so we will be going back a lot this summer and year, I'm sure.

I need you to slow down just a little because I am DREADING going back to work :( I can't even think about it or I'll just be sad and stressed. Luckily, daddy gets off for the summer the same week I have to go back, so it won't be AS hard leaving you. Until then I am going to snuggle and kiss you so much you might actually get sick of me! ;)

Here you are as a newborn next to today, 1 month!


 We love you so much. You are so fun for me and I'm really enjoying being your mom. I think since you are my second baby I am a lot more laid back and less stressed than with Luke. Which helps me to soak you in and enjoy our time together. I get excited just thinking about you and all your fun outfits. I could stare in your eyes all day and I hope you feel how loved you are. Slow down in the growing department though, sweet girl!

Love you,

Mom

2 comments:

Sorensons said...

Her newborn pictures turned out so cute! :)

Landon Family said...

I love the pictures!!! Awe!