April 13, 2013

2 weeks vs. 35 months

Ali has now been here for 2.5 weeks and time is FLYING by. She has already done so much in her short life, including changing ours completely. :) I wrote a blog about the things I loved about Luke at his newborn stage, and wanted to do the same for Ali.

-She is SUCH a sweet baby. She only cries when she is hungry, and fusses a LITTLE if sleepy or wet/poopy.
-She makes the sweetest noises. When she eats, when she sleeps, when she is laying on the floor doing nothing. They are just little squeaky coos that you can't hear unless you are paying attention.
-Her eyes are amazing. I could stare at them all day. And I try to! It's like her eyes are trying to tell us a story.
-She loves her hands. In almost every ultrasound, her hands could be found up by her face. And she still loves them in the outside world. She even sucks her thumb and fingers every so often.
-She smacks her lips whenever she is done eating. She pulls off and smacks a few times letting me know she's had enough!
-She is so cuddly. She would love to be held all day, which is fine by me. I have a moby wrap that she loves (and I do too since it's technically cuddling and I can have both hands free to play with Luke or get things done around the house.)
-She makes the same faces as Luke did in his sleep when she is sleeping. (Every baby probably does.) The little grimaces where her whole face scrunches up.
-Whenever she is about to get upset she starts breathing really fast almost to warn us that she's about to freak out. Cutest.
-She pees EVERY time I change her diaper. Without fail. Half the time I end up wasting a diaper because I get a new one on and she fills it before I can even close it up.

She is such a blessing to us all. We are adjusting to a family of four, but not without difficulty. Luke loves her and hasn't really acted out in realtion to HER. But, he has thrown more tantrums in the past two weeks than his whole life combined, I think. It makes me feel so bad because I know he is just trying to figure out his new role in our family. I think it's just his age and his new little sis, both. He doesn't want to be told what to do, and if you do he yells, "Don't tell me that!!". The kids and I went to Heber for a few days last week and I had multiple crying sessions trying to deal with him on my own. He is not my sweet little baby anymore...and I'm trying to teach him that even though he isn't my baby anymore, he can still be sweet! ;) We will get there, but getting there is going to be hard. Wish me luck! Next time I post I will post lots of pics. :)

1 comment:

Landon Family said...

I can't wait to meet her! We will be there on June 15/16 so we will drop by? In all the pictures I have seen this far, she looks so much like Luke, except girl. Hahaha I love it!