January 7, 2014

9 months

Dear Ali,

This month was full of firsts and fun! Not only did we have your first Christmas, (and New Years Eve shortly after you turned 9 months old), you also started pulling yourself up onto things, got really good (and obsessed) with stairs, and said "nana" for the first time. I was pealing a banana for your breakfast and you just smiled and said "nana". I died. So cute and unexpected. I have loved watching you explore this month as you are into everything. You are always on-the-go. Still so much crazier than your brother! You love music and have started bouncing up and down/dancing. It's the cutest. I think you got those skills from Luke, for sure!

We had such a good month hanging out with family and daddy for the two weeks he's been off. You have finally learned that not everyone is a stranger and have started letting others hold you. It took a few days to warm up to everyone but now you LOVE your grandparents and cousins. They love you too. Everyone comments on how beautiful you are and how you just look like such a doll. And like you're brother. You guys are practically twins. I love it. Such good memories when I look at you and think of Luke too. You two are two of my greatest blessings. :)

You still LOVE food. You are obsessed with everything and anything and love snacks throughout the day. You love all food but your favorites are bananas, peas, and apples. We have your 9 month check up this week so we will see how you've grown! You still have a good amount of chunk on you, but I'm pretty sure you've thinned out since you started crawling all over the place. You are completely weaned from breast feeding and you seem to be doing just fine on formula. It's been hard for me because I loved that time with you, but we are still best buddies. You are definitely a mama's girl, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You do say "dada" A LOT. Sometimes you just are babbling and others you know what you're saying. You wave "hi" and "bye bye" and it's so cute because you do it with your whole arm up and down and your arm just kinda flops around. Makes everyone smile that you are waving too. You LOVE baths and splashing your brother! (He doesn't really love it.)

You are in my favorite stage and I'm trying to cherish each and every day. Though we had a really tough time a lot of months up until now, you are slowly growing out of all of that nonsense and becoming happier by the minute. In fact, we haven't had a rough day in a LONG time. You are sleeping through the night and soon your early morning bottle will be cut out too. Wish us luck for that one, right?

In a few weeks you are spending 5 days with your Grandparents. I have anxiety about it, because you have been such a high maintenance baby. But I know you will be in good hands.

Your brother has come up with some cute (and some not so cute) nicknames. To date you have been called: "Ala" "Kitty" "Al" "Little girl" "Ali-gator" "Ali-phant" and "Princess."

We love you sweetie. Thanks for being my cuddle bug and making us all so happy. We are so happy you are part of our family.

Love,

Mom.









 Luke and You at 9 months in the tub
 And again. Twins!
 Disneyland at Christmas was tiring!






No comments: