December 4, 2013

Month 8

Dear Ali,

Every month I usually say I can't believe the time went so fast. This month however, didn't go fast and I LOVED it. I kept thinking, "Did I forget to take Ali's monthly picture and write her letter?", only to realize I still had two weeks, or a week. If only your whole life could go this slow! ;) You were a pretty good girl this month and we are finally getting some real belly laughs and smiles out of you! You are COMPLETELY mobile and army crawl SO fast around the house. You can crawl on all fours but for some reason prefer scooting around on your tummy. You do this "downward dog" type yoga pose when going from "crawling" to sitting. It's so cute. You have to go up on your toes and hands before falling on your bum. I need to get it on video. You've started to shed some baby fat because you're always on the go. So sad. I think you are even busier than your brother was, which is saying a lot! You want to touch everything, and you hardly ever let me hold you unless you don't feel good. You just want to be down exploring on your own! Daddy had to give you the Heimlich maneuver this month because you were exploring and got a piece of tape in your mouth. Mommy was at work and daddy saved your life! He's already your hero, and I know he will continue to be throughout your life :) You are still an amazing eater. You eat anything and everything without complaining and you LOVE meal times. You even love tofu! Just straight tofu. It's crazy. We have started weaning you from breast feeding, and I thought it would be much harder than it has been. Though this same week that we've been weaning, you have some kind of virus or are teething so I have been feeding you a little more than planned. You get about 50 % breastmilk and 50% formula because I'm pumping to give you breast milk still.

You were sleeping through the night until you caught this little bug. It's always something, I swear! But soon you will be back to sleeping like a champ, I'm sure. Luke is still your favorite person, though you seem to like pestering each other more and more every day. He knows how to push your buttons and you his. Crazy how that already starts. But you love following him around the house and try to do everything he is doing.

Even though you are a crazy baby, you still take time out to give me cuddles and kisses. You are a total mama's girl and I love it. I hope it never changes. You can say "dada" "mama" and "yaya" but I still haven't figured out if you know what you are saying! You know your name and you know Luke's name.

You still light up our lives sweetie! Your smile and coo's are sometimes what keeps us going. Things slowed down a little but I know December will fly by, and soon it will be 2014 and three months away from you turning 1!! I can't believe that. In the mean time, I'm going to soak up every bit of this stage that you're in. It's so fun to watch you discover things and try things on your own now that you're mobile and "talking" more.

I love you more than words. And it grows every day!

Mom


















No comments: