November 6, 2010

Halloween and a House :)

October went by sooo fast. I swear the time flies by when you have someone to take care of besides yourself. No wonder my parents always say we grew up so fast. November in Las Vegas is a completely different world than November in Heber or Cedar. It's still in the 80's the majority of days and I sometimes get dressed in my fall/winter clothes, then have to go change mid-day because I'm sooo hot! Craziness, I tell you.


In high school, Drew started a halloween carnival at his school. It was for families as well as the students and it was always really successful. Well this year, Drew's students in his event planning class were in charge of a school halloween carnival. They spent around $600 for their booths, food, and haunted house decorations. They were hoping to atleast break even so they could start saving money for the years to come. With Drew's help with creativity and awesome teaching skills, they tripled what they spent, making about $2600 total! When the ticket taker came and told Drew and I that he had made $600 in the first half hour, we were soo excited! Yes, his students should be praised for all their hard work, but because Drew was "in charge..." it seems like his victory mostly. :) The haunted house was actually REALLY scary. We were supposed to dress up, but after running around all day taking care of the finishing touches, Luke was the only one that had time to get dressed. ;) Here are some pics.

Taking a break from his hot elephant head!

In front of "Mr. Burton's tombstone" the kids made.



The Friday before/on halloween in Nevada is "Nevada Day" every year. So, Drew will always have it off! Since Halloween is his favorite holiday, this allows time for parties, wahoo! This year we went to Cedar for our annual Murder Mystery party. I really recommend these to anyone and everyone. They are sooo fun! this was our 4th year doing one, and they are always such a blast. The theme this year was "haunted house employees," so each of us had to dress up as an employee in a haunted house. (i.e. clown, vampire, mummy) I was Frankenstein's bride, and Drew was a serial killer. We did it in Drew's dad's barn, so it made it extra scary. Everyone did awesome on their costumes and really got into it. Can't wait for next year's!

Drew and I at the end of the party, after ALLL our make up was warn off :(


We should have taken pics at the beginning, but pretty good costumes eh?


We are almost finished with the "buying a house" process. Pretty scary but sooo exciting! We will be closing Thanksgiving weekend hopefully, and moving in shortly after. Pics to come!

2 comments:

Alyse said...

Yay! So exciting on the house and tell Drew nice job with the school carnival!!

Kyle, Chelsi, Whitli and Weston said...

I'm so jealous you get to buy a house. My turn will come someday in the far future... Luke is such a cutie and he is getting so big!