So those of you who aren't familiar with weight watchers, heres a little run down so you can better understand the "points".
Depending on your age, weight, and height, you are given a daily "point allowance." Mine is 29, which is the lowest amount you can possibly get. Food point values are based off of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. These things combined tell you how many points a certain food is. Fruits and veggies are FREE (which is great for me since I'm a vegetarian, right?) and then you are supposed to chose lean proteins and whole grains because they are always less points. Makes sense. To give you a little idea of how many points things are, here is a little list that compares good-for-you food and not-so-good-for-you-food:
English muffin: 3 points
1 tbs. of peanut butter: 3 points (that is considered kind of a lot but it is good fat.)
2 tbs. fat free salad dressing: 2 points
1 c. whole wheat pasta: 5 points
Lg. Fry from Mcdonalds: 10 points
Big Mac: 13 points
9 piece chicken nugget: 11 points
Small chocolate shake: 10 points.
So as you can see, the better you eat, the more you can eat. (DUH) So weight watchers is kind of all about portion control. You can have a hamburger if you count the points and eat according to the points you have left the rest of the day. You are also allowed 49 EXTRA points for the whole week that you can either use here and there (like 2 extra points one day to eat a cookie, or 4 extra points to have more salad dressing, whatever) or you can use them all in one day. Thats usually what I do on Saturdays. Though our instructor says after our Saturday morning weig-in, "Today is not a free day!" I kind of treat it as such. It's not really free because I'm using my 49 extras, but still...I just don't really count that day period. I just save my extra points for Saturdays. ANYWAY...
That was really long. Sorry.
So I weighed in Thursday instead of Saturday last week. And since that only gave me Sunday-Wednesday to lose weight (in my head) I decided to eat as little as possible. BIG mistake. I'm talking: a banana and 2 pt. yogurt for breakfast, a 1/2 c. cottage cheese for lunch with celery and grapes, and a 10 pt. dinner. I sabotaged myself for sure because from Sunday-Thursday I only lost .2 pounds. Yep, you read that right... ONLY .2!!! So needless to say I was very discouraged. We spent the weekend in St. George again for SUU's Homecoming and to see my parents once again, and I never do well counting my points when we're eating out and eating randomly throughout the day. I was just telling Drew today I feel like I'm not doing as well as I did my first go-round because we're traveling so much.
This post is kinda depressing and pointless, but I am just feeling really discouraged and sad that I'm not as motivated as I need to be. It's like, in my head I want to lose the weight and do whatever it takes to do it, but SOMETHING is taking over that motivation and I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I saw a good friend from college this weekend who has lost a lot of weight and looks amazing. I asked her what she's doing and she said she cut out sugar and flour, which takes a LOT of motivation. I am happy for her and she looks so good, but I am very jealous of her motivation. Why can't I act on my motivation in a similar way??
So, I am conciously going to make a REAL effort this week. Working out every day. Eating exactly 29 points made up of whole grains, fruits and veggies, and lean protein. Drinking my 2 liters of water (which is the only thing I can really stick to lately).
So if you're still reading, :), wish me luck again! I'm gonna need it this week to come back from my sad sad week last week. Also, I probably gained ATLEAST that .2 back this weekend not counting. So I'm gonna have to work pretty hard.
Total loss: 2.8
Weight to lose to meet first goal: 5.2
4 comments:
You can do it Kylie! It's so hard to be motivated but you have done a lot of really hard things that take lots of motivation like... practicing the piano every day, sports practice, and plays. If you can do those things you can most definitely do WW. You got it!
You've got it ky! You're amazing... YOU can do hard things. That is one thing I am sure of!
Go kylie go! Go kylie go kylie go kylie go! Wahoooo!! You can do this come on!!!!! Yeah I know, I should have been on cheer in high school ;)
Even just small numbers are good! That's the way you will keep it off the best. Love ya!
Post a Comment