March 29, 2012

Random, but good!

I don't know what my deal is with blogging lately! When I think about doing it, I come up with a million excuses why I can't, "I don't have the pics I want to add," or "that's not exciting enough," etc. etc. But when I wait so long I DO have exciting things and pics. I don't know, maybe I will make a new goal to just post once a month (which is pretty much what I am doing). We'll see.
First on the list:
I threw my sister-in-law, (Drew's sister) Bree, a baby shower three weeks ago. I kept thinking and thinking of what a cute "theme" would be because she is having a girl and since our house is all boy, I knew it would be really fun for me to plan a girl shower. After lots of pinterest inspiration and trips to Hobby Lobby, I think we pulled off a slammin party! Here are some pics.
Bree with the present I got her.
My mom came down for the weekend just for fun and to help me out.
Bree and I. Ready to pop huh!?
"It's a Girl" banner I made. There was also one that said "Brighton Kris"
Onesie banner
The game table with prizes and Bree's diaper cake I made.

Our "Chandelier"
More tulle decor.
The cupcakes Lori (Drew's mom) made! :)
FOOD!





Secondly:
I have blogged a little about my weight loss here and there, but I am happy to announce I reached my goal that I wanted to be when we left on our cruise! We are leaving Sunday, and I am actually a couple pounds under my goal. Which is great because let's be honest, who wouldn't gain a few pounds on a cruise! I am really going to put my new "eating healthy" and "exercising" skills to use on the cruise though. It has been hard work getting the weight off and I'm not going to let one week ruin it! Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy my vacation and splurge a little here and there. But portion control and running on the track on the top of the ship are two things I am planning on. Anyway, I have lost 26 lbs, with 9 more until my ultimate "wedding weight" goal. More importantly though, I feel absolutely amazing. My clothes are loose, I like what I see in the mirror, and the confidence I have is something I have never experienced. I almost want to cry as I type this because it doesn't even sound like me! Though I am happy that the number on the scale this morning was one I haven't seen in 3 years, I am more happy that through this journey I have become someone I have always wanted to be. I have learned that what I weigh is not who I am, and more importantly what OTHERS think of my weight is not who I am. I am proud of myself and excited to move forward with this new found confidence. To be honest, I think I will still be confident even when I (if I) get pregnant again and gain some weight back! That's what I am most happy about. I feel like even if I gained some weight back or hadn't lost the weight in the first place, I just have learned to love myself. And I know it's been a loooong time since I could say that. When I blog about our cruise I will put some before pictures up so we can see the before and after pics. :) Speaking of my cruise...remember my last post about dolphins? Well my amazing husband booked a dolphin encounter at the Atlantis Resort for us. I am so ecstatic. I can hardly wait! Obviously there will probably be a whole post about that. Here is a pic of my new hair! I don't usually like blonde and haven't done highlights forever, but I love it for summer!
Moving on...our little man is changing and growing every day. It's going to be hard to leave him for 5 days with my parents. I know they will do a great job with him and he is in good hands, but he just does new things every day and I'm sad I will miss those few! He is talking so much, and has kind of become a little brat. Haha, not really, but he is definitely in the terrible two's a little early. There are days I almost lose my patience, and then I try to remember what a sweet boy he is and that he is just learning how to be independent. His cute little face gets him out of lots of trouble. Darn it. But he is still my best little buddy and makes his dad and I so happy. These pics are blurry from my phone. But still super cute.
We LOVE his little v necks we bought.

So, I am in the process of starting a "learning/activity" blog for mom's. I'm really excited and it's going to be awesome. So keep your eyes open for that. However, I have a cruise to go on, and I'm focusing on THAT first. :)

5 comments:

Grandma Hawaii said...

Very proud of what you have accomplished & am looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Enjoy your cruise & your Dolphin experience.

Love you...and your sweet family..

The Jarretts said...

:) I am so happy for you. Miss you!

Alyse said...

THIS was so happy to read! Ky!! You are so beautiful and amazing and talented and wonderful, and I'm so glad you are feeling that way about yourself now, too! {The way everyone around you has always felt about you!} Anyway dear, I just love you to pieces and I hope your cruise is amazing in every way! So excited for you to swim with the dolphins!!

Michael and Cassie said...

You are amazing! I keep saying I would love to get back to my wedding weight too, and I just haven't done anything about it. Good thing is though, I'm not going any higher than I am right now. But I hope you have fun on your cruise and everything is great! I like the idea for the learning/activity blog! I will definitely follow that!

Landon Family said...

Um, first of all, you need to start your own party throwing business! All of your parties are AMAZING! Secondly, I am so jealous that you are going on a cruise! Just enjoy your time, Luke will be ok. I always have a HARD time leaving Sofia (especially when it for more than 3 days...) but when I get back she I can see she hardly knew I was gone lol. Lastly, you are such a inspiration to me with your weight loss! That is so AWESOME!!! GO YOU! GIRL POWER!!! :)