May 29, 2013

2 months

Dear Ali,

2 months already! I am soaking up every.single.minute with you. I hold you so much more than I should. (Except not really because you cant spoil a baby I've been told...;)) This month has been so fun! You are developing each day and I love the baby you are becoming! Usually happy and LOVE to talk. You will talk to anyone who puts their face in your bubble, haha, but you goo and coo the most to me! I love it. Daddy laughs at me because I sit and make funny noises and sounds with my lips but you just love talking too much to stop. You are starting to get on a schedule and you even slept 7.5 hours last night! You usually always go at least 5 so we are slowly getting more sleep! Yay you! Keep it up baby girl! We went to the doctor today for your check up and here are your stats:

-Weight: 13.8 lbs, >95th percentile. (Yep, greater than! lol.)
-Height 23 inches. 90th percentile.

You are a chunky monkey! You have a triple chin and I love it. I didn't think you would be this chunky because you nurse REALLY quickly and I wasn't sure you were even getting milk, but I guess you get plenty! You only take about 7-10 minutes to eat and then you are good for 3 hours! You do spit up every time you eat and get hiccups often. Not sure if we have the beginnings of reflux or if it's just normal spitting up. Doc says to keep an eye on it so we will! You are usually happy and only grumpy if you are hungry or have gas. Not sure why my children have issues with figuring out gas! It's really sad but usually if I bicycle your legs or massage your tummy a bit we can get em out ;). You are NOT a pooper, unfortunately. Luke went a couple times a day when he was your age, but you go 3 or 4 days in between poops. In fact, I think it's becoming a problem because you get more fussy as the days go by. So we may have to start putting some cereal in pumped bottles of my milk to see if it helps? We are slowly experimenting with you, but it's not as stressful this time around as it was with Luke because I know it's fine when you are fussy. That's sometimes just how babies get.

You are such a pretty girl. Your eyes captivate me. :) I love to just stare at those pretty blues. Your hair is starting to get really patchy and we'll probably try to even it out pretty soon. You LOVE to sleep on your tummy so if you are napping in the same room that I'm in, I usually let you. Maybe that will help with the bald patches. But if not, it's okay. You are pretty anyway! We are debating whether or not to pierce your ears. I don't think we will, but sometimes I think it would be really cute.

Your favorite time of day is right when you wake up in the morning and during your bath. I love that I have water babies! You are following in your brother's footsteps with the water-loving. I even let you take a 20 minute bath the other day. Is that bad? Your water stayed warm and I just let you soak and relax while I sat and talked to you. It was heaven. You are so fun to snuggle, and I know you like it too. You settle right down if we hold you close, and you even let me chew on your cheeks sometimes. Thank you. :)

You have brought so much joy into our home. I just love taking care of you and think it's the best job in the world! You are loved by so many and we can't wait to see what you become. Though, I hope it goes slowly. Can't believe it has already been two months since you came into the world! We love you sweetie pie.

Love,

Mom.
















2 comments:

Landon Family said...

I love the pictures! She has already changed so much. She is a good mix!

Unknown said...

Mason and Ali are very similar in their 2 month check ups! Mason is 13.1 Lbs. and 23 in. long as well! Crazy! I love how chubby he's getting!