May 17, 2013

Ali's Blessing Day

We blessed Ali on May 5, 2013. My mom had kept my blessing dress and blanket that she made, and I thought it would be special for my first daughter to wear it as well. She looked beautiful. It was a very special day and we shared it with the family members who could make it. From my side: Grandpa Chad and Grandma Deb, Uncle Garrett and Aunt Chellcee, and Grandma Hawaii (Hewett) and Aunt Kenna. From Drew's side: Grandpa Ron and Grandma Lori, Grandpa and Grandma Harrod, Uncle Brandeis and Aunt Jeri, and Uncle Jeff and Aunt Bree and Brighton. Drew gave a beautiful blessing. I took a few notes and here are some of the blessings Drew's gave her.

Health and strength throughout her life. That she might be able to pursue activities she wants. That she'll be smart in her studies and career path to help others. Strong in the gospel to build a relationships with Heavenly Father and be able to serve him. Grow to be a worthy young woman to marry in the temple and have many children and blessings.

I thought it was neat that he talked about her studies and career path helping people. I also loved at the end he said, "We give you these blessings with faith." I'm not sure why but it just reminded me that most blessings and answers to prayers we receive are according to our faith. :)

I am so thankful for my husband's priesthood and knowledge of the gospel. My testimony has been strengthened because of blessings given by him and the prayers he has given in my behalf or our children's behalf. I'm very lucky to have a guy like him as my husband, eternal companion, and father of my children.












No comments: