May 28, 2013

3 Years

Dear Luke,

You are officially out of the terrible twos and into the more terrible threes! ;) You have turned into a full on child these last two months and aren't at all baby. (But you'll always be my baby!) This last year flew by so quickly when I look back, and we had so many ups and downs! In the last year you have learned so much and continue to be one of the smartest little people I know!

-You know how to differentiate between colors and know most of them.
-You can count to 20
-You are completely potty trained (sometimes a pull up at night and the occasional accident.)
-You are always using new words and sentences, usually we have no idea where you learn them.
-You aren't the best eater. Your favorites (and usually all you will eat) Mac n' cheese, pizza, quesadillas, corn dogs/hot dogs (veggie), green beans, poptarts, waffles, cereal, fruit, and OF COURSE milk. (soy or almond)
-You could run around for hours on end if we would let you. Just run. SO much energy.
-Your favorite toys are Buzz and Woody, Spider man, costumes, cars, and your Jake and the Neverland Pirates boat/stuff.
-You REALLY love your grandparents (what kid doesn't) and miss them terribly when we don't see them often.
-You talk non-stop. Like, literally. I need to listen more often and not just tune you out because you say the darndest things. ;)
-You still love reading books and singing songs. You are usually the only kid left in nursery sitting on the rug singing instead of charging the door towards your parents like all the other kids. I'm excited for you to go to preschool twice a week this fall. (Also a little sad...that will be an emotional day.)
-Your dad is your BEST friend. You love playing with him so much. I hope one day you have a brother to wrestle with because your dad gets warn out!
-You can still swim by yourself as long as you have your floaties..we may try and take them off this summer and see how you do.

While I was on bed rest, you (unfortunately) had to watch lots of TV and movies. Because of that, you know LOTS of Disney characters and cartoon characters. You LOVE all super heroes and especially love to dress up like them. You are almost always in a costume and don't understand why you can't live in them. I guess you can, why not? ;) We have been to Disneyland twice in the last year (lucky you) and it's all you ever talk about. There is an app on dad's iPad where you can scroll around Disneyland and click on each ride and "ride it" or watch movies/characters talking. You are pretty pro at finding different rides or areas of Disneyland (on the app at least!) I wish I had been better at documenting things this past year because you are so funny.

You are also hard! You have a mind of your own and are very independent so sometimes it's a challenge to get you to do what needs to be done. (I'm sure that's a typical toddler-like quality though.) Your little sister is your pride and joy! It's the cutest thing to listen to you talk to her or, my favorite, sing to her. Sure you get jealous of her and want mom to hold you lots more. But, for the most part she hasn't even made a dent in your daily schedule. You still take a good solid 2.5 or 3 hour nap. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be cutting that out or not but you usually fall asleep anyway if I don't lay you down. So we'll keep doing it.

You are still big for your age at 35 lbs and 38.5 inches. Lots of people think you are a 4 year old. And you seem SO heavy now next to your chunky sister. You also surprise people with your vocabulary. (Again, you talk a lot.) You are very social and don't take long to warm up to people. One of my favorite things you do though is you talk to people through me. When someone asks you a question, you turn to me and say, "What did her say mom?". You get messed up on pronouns, using "her and him" instead of "he or she". And sometimes you use "my" instead of "I". It's really cute so I don't correct it as much as I should. ;) "What did her say, mom?" "Where is him going?" "Her is crying!" "My do it." See? Doesn't it sound cute? You ALWAYS ALWAYS have to say thank you. Even if someone does something so little for you. You go out of your way to tell them thank you. I'm so happy you do it, and I'm not sure where you learned it. But I'm glad!

You still have beautiful long eyelashes that people comment on. A very handsome little dude!

I know there is so much more I could write, and I need to be better at it. Because I don't want to forget the funny or sweet little stories. Hopefully I can find some from other social media sources to document in our blog book.

I love you so much little man. You have been such a challenge these past few months on bed rest and then having a newborn all while you were turning three. (Side note..I totally think it's supposed to be "terrible threes" for boys. Not "twos" But whatever.) We have our moments where I feel like I am a a horrible mom and you won't ever listen or forgive me. But then we just snuggle for a bit and it's all okay. Thank you for loving me despite my short comings and motherly fails. ;) You keep me going every day and I can't wait for our relationship to grow even more than it has. You are my favorite boy. And you know it. ;) Please slow down. I know a year from now I will be saying this year flew by. But I hope to savor every single moment and hold it dear because time sure does fly when we are having fun.

Love you so much,

Mom





























1 comment:

The Truman's said...

All of these pictures of Luke made me the happiest. I want him to stay this size forever!