Drew:
Started his 4th year as a hospitality teacher at East Career and Technical Academy in August. He still LOVES his job, and I'm so glad. I also love his job because it's a great school and his hours are amazing for family time. The fact that he is home every day at 2:30 keeps me sane. He will be done with his Masters of Education in Administration in April, and we are both looking forward to that! Though the past year and a half of classes has FLOWN by. He has class every Monday and Wednesday from 5-8 and we have a routine now so it's not so bad. Once he gets his Masters, he is hoping to get a job as a Dean, hopefully at the same school he teaches at now. The technicality of administration is to be a Dean for two years before applying for Assistant Principal or Principal positions. He is open to schools/areas everywhere, so we will see what our future holds.
Me (Kylie):
Aside from loving my job as a mommy to two angels (I use that term lightly), I also got a job at a 3D ultrasound studio called Miracle in Progress. I work the front desk 2 days a week and it's PERFECT. We were lucky enough to find an awesome babysitter, who comes to our house the days I work. It's hard to leave my babies but my job is SO fun and they have fun with Kim and Kason at home. (Kason is a month younger than Ali, so Kim has her hands full for sure! ;) Now to mention the dilemma of the century: to go back to school, or not. I have decided if I ever return to school, it will be in Ultrasound imaging. I love being a Medical Assistant, and could be happy doing that the rest of my life. AND at my new job, I am being trained to do the 3D ultrasounds. (Pictures of baby's face/hands/feet and gender predictions. Nothing diagnostic or no measurements.) It is SOOOO fun, but it only solidifies the thought in my mind that all I would want to do is Ultrasounds if I go back to school. So I think I will apply to the program this spring. If I get in, we will decide if it's meant to be, and if I don't, then I will most likely continue being a Medical Assistant and maybe do 3D ultrasounds forever! ;) PLUS being a mommy is a big job too.
Luke:
Is now 3.5 going on 10. He amazes me every day with the things he comes up with or thinks about. He is loving preschool and is learning so much! We absolutely love his preschool because they incorporate all kinds of extra-curricular things like movement (dancing, karate, tumbling), singing and acting on top of regular stuff like science, math, reading, etc. He comes home with a new song or poem almost every day ;) We hope he continues to excel and love school as much as he already does! He keeps us on our toes because he is always on the go and doesn't like to sit and relax, ever. (What 3 year old does?) But he is hilarious and his sweet personality is something I am so grateful for in my life. My favorite phrase of his is, "Oh. My. Gosh!" (extremely dramatically.) I need to start writing down all the funny things he says. I forget them if I don't. We sure love our energetic, strong-willed, sweet little boy.
Ali:
I update on her through her monthly letters, which I need to write right now! (How did the month 6-7 go by so fast?!) So I will update on her there. :)
This past month was CRAZY busy. We were able to go to Disneyland for the Trick or Treat Halloween party since we have annual passes. It was so much fun! A little crowded but the kids had fun! (And by kids I mean Drew and Luke.) We loved dressing the kids up like Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and they were a huge hit at Disney! We have been on the go since October 1st and I'm so happy October is gone! We can now relax a little.
Overall we are happy and healthy. We have had a very rough year starting out with me on bed rest and having a difficult end of pregnancy, to then having an extremely emotional and difficult baby girl. But we are so blessed and recognize our blessings daily. Sometimes it is hard but at the end of the day when we look at our accomplishments and the happy times, there's nothing but love (and a lot of chaos)! ;)
2 comments:
How fun! I love your blog when you post :) your kids are so cute. I love the costumes! One of Sofia's favorite movies. I use my blog for journaling too. I tried keeping a written one, but I am horrible at it now (in my adult life). So this just works better for me :)
Loved getting an update! :)
Post a Comment