October 6, 2008

Shout out to my hero and the cutest kids alive!

So, this past weekend we went to St. George, like we do every year, for the St. George Marathon. I was supposed to be running it with my dad this year, but was unable to continue training because of a stress fracture in my foot. Bummer! But, next year for sure! My dad is amazing and finished WAY under his goal. He was running 8 minute miles until about mile 17, when his torn calf muscle started bugging him. From then on, he had to stop and have it rubbed every mile. But he proved his heroic-ness (Yes, I made that word up. :)) to me for the millionth time, when he finished under 4 hours. I love my dad and hope I can run next year with him!

On a complete different note, I wish I could express in words the extent of my love for my nieces and nephews. (Drew's brother and sister-in-law have a little boy named Ty, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the cute kid!) Every time I know I'm gonna see them I seriously get butterflies and get so excited. Drew makes fun of me. But, this past weekend I realized that in a couple months, I wont see them for half a year! This is insane to me. It hit me hard last night and I just started crying. I love them so much and their sweet voices and kisses. Here are some cute pics of them.
Jaylee - 3



Elle - 1





Jett - 10 months



Brother and sister


Jaylee and Elle at my wedding

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

I didn't see this post until just now. I seriously have the cutest kids in the world! I can't wait until you have kids, (not for a few years though) you will be such a good mom! You are so wonderful with my children, and they love you, and I do too!