January 19, 2011

Dieting

Everyone hates it. It's not fun. It's hard. It's a slow process. It takes patience. It takes practice. It's a lifetime struggle for lots of people. For those of you who don't struggle with it, UGHHHH! Not fair. It's just not fair. Why can some girls eat anything they want, and work out very little to never, and still be skin and bones and look amazing? And might i add, why can they do this even after A BABY or TWO. I'm frustrated, to say the least.

Obviously, I am dieting. And the specific diet I chose to embark on, is HARD. I struggle with not being able to eat certain things when in a normal person's diet, they would be considered healthy choices. (i.e. carbs, certain veggies, certain soups, certain dairy..) Sometimes, I just want to eat something yummy, but healthy, and not feel guilty. I want to go to Sweet Tomatoes with my hubby and eat a reasonably sized salad, a little pasta, and some frozen yogurt and call it a good meal. Sadly, I can't do that. Atleast not for a while.

Someone just needs to invent something that makes everyone healthy. I know, I know. It's called "a healthy diet and exercise." So since nobody is going to invent something better than that to get people healthy, invent something that makes everyone happy with the way they look. To be honest, I kinda feel like if I KNEW that everyone around me wasn't thinking "she is getting big," or "she could lose some weight," then I think I would be happy with myself. Is that bad? Probably.

Oh well. Heres to low calories and yucky food. :( Haha, what a negative post. But I just wanted to vent because if I didn't vent, I would go to the kitchen and cheat....I figure a negative blog post is better than blowing my diet. :)

3 comments:

Landon Family said...

I am right here with you... I have steadily been going up and up since Sofia.... but I have cut out ALL sweets and juices and I've been excersising 30 min a day after Sofie goes to sleep... and after two weeks I've lost 6 lbs! And today I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted to eat some of her leftover bday cake in our fridge.... ugh! It's so frusterating!!!! I can't even enduldge myself. Even a little.

The Truman's said...

On the radio this morning they said people are more likely to lose weight if they quit thinking about it and eat healthy/workout. Do it naturally. They said that even letting go and eating something you love once in a while will help you stick to being healthy rather than forcing yourself to not eat it and not be happy! Happy people are healthy people! so eat that cake and smile about it (but dont eat the WHOLE thing.... ) :)

The Jarretts said...

I miss you. And I hate that since you are private when you update your blog it doesn't let me know.