One, from a family member who said, "Do you know how lucky you are? Remember how good life is right now. These are the moments." I need to think about this when I think those "remember when" thoughts. Though I do miss the stress-free days of dating and college, I wouldn't change what Drew and I have now for ANYTHING. So why can't I remember this every day? I will try harder!
The second reminder came when reading two different blogs. One said something to the effect of enjoying the time while you have it. When you look back you'll realize how fast time goes. Isn't it true. I've already seen this with Luke being 7 months old. It seems like he was a newbie newborn last week! I need to start cherishing every moment, cause soon he'll be 18!! The other blog talked about a friend's baby who passed away at only 7 months old. I can't imagine having to go through the loss of a child. I pray I wont ever have to, but because I haven't, I need to especially cherish every moment. Not just because time goes fast. But because I have the time in the first place.
The third, and I hope final reminder, (because after this I hope to change my attitude) was today. I was driving to meet Drew for a quick dinner before he had to leave for one of his "first year teacher" seminar class things. This might be cheesy but it was a reminder, nonetheless. Our song came on the radio, and Luke was "singing along" in the back seat. Now of course Luke doesn't know the words, or even the tune. But it was such a happy moment to me. I have such a great life with the two loves of my life. It was a simple reminder, but it left a mark :)
So, I have been reminded to: Remember how lucky I am and these are the moments. Cherish each moment because I can, and because time goes too quickly. And always remember the simple things are the best things. I will look forward to tomorrow, even if nothing important is happening besides Drew and I watching one of our favorite shows while playing with Luke and his toys. That truly is something to look forward to. I'm excited for tomorrow. :)



2 comments:
I find myself doing that a lot too... Thinking of how fun college was, or Acclamation, or even just the dating stage between Tys and me. I get all nostalgic and can't stop thinking about it... then I think that 5 years down the road, I'm going to be feeling the same way about this time of my life. I'm going to think "Remember our first Christmas with Benson when he was just 9 months old...." Life happens too fast. Thanks for the post, it inspired me to cherish each day even more :)
Great post, Ky. Thanks for the reminder. :-)
Post a Comment