March 28, 2011

Month 10

Dear Luke,


Well, this month came and went. We did a lot this month as far as traveling, working on our house, and starting to play outside. You did a lot this month as far as development and growth. :) Not a surprise. You change every day and are always learning something new. Every time you do something new I scream and clap and almost cry and you stare at me like I'm a crazy person. So does daddy. (He is excited too, deep down, just too afraid to act crazy like me.) You are my best friend and I love hearing you scream with joy when I go in your room in the mornings to get you up.

Firsts/Things we did this month:

-You can move around couches like a champ. Soo fast.

-You have had so much practice moving around that you can almost stand up by yourself without support. So big!

-We went on your second trip from Las Vegas to Heber. You did great in the car on the way up, but the plane ride on the way back was a little rocky. It was past your bedtime and you didn't like the lights being off.

-You are beginning to understand words more and more and when we ask where something or someone is you look that direction.

-You got your second bottom tooth at the end of last month, but I forgot to update that!

-We are pretty sure you will get your top teeth any day because you have been GRUMPY this week.

-You still take two naps, but I think you could make the adjustment to one if I would help you. I'm just not quite ready to give it up!

-You are getting quite the attitude. You want what you want when you want it. And if you dont get it, tantrum it is. :)

-You got two more ear infections, in both ears. Luckily they cleared up right away with antibiotics.

-You discovered a new food that you could eat all day every day and love it. Spaghettios (YUCK) You absolutely love them. And that might explain why at your re-check for your ear infections today you weighed 23 lbs, 9 oz. BIG boy.


Daddy and I just love watching you play as you get more and more independent. It's so funny the things you do with your toys and the noises you make. Soon enough you will be standing on your own, and walking. I'm not ready for that. You are already pretty hard to chase around and want to be into everything. We found an above-the-ground pool to put in our back yard and we can't wait to swim with you as the weather gets nicer. It will be a fun thing for us. Everyone comments on how long and cute your hair is and we plan on letting it grow to see what it does. Then we'll decide whether we want to cut it or not. It's just soo cute! You grew out of lots of your clothes this month too. Which was sad. Most days, you look like a little boy and not like a baby because you are in 18 month clothing. But, I have to face the facts-you are becoming a little boy faster than I think! Love you so much honey bear. Can't wait for this month and all the fun it will bring!


Love, Mom

1 comment:

mrs. peterson said...

hes big-im sad for you! :) he will need a partner in crime soon!!! c'mon mom and dad! #2!! haha