I know, it's supposed to be, "The good, the bad and the ugly." Not "funny." But I don't have anything ugly to share today!
The good: I haven't mentioned this on my blog yet, but I am doing weight watchers. I started Feb. 26th, and have lost 14.4 pounds so far. I HIGHLY recommend this diet to anyone, even those just wanting to maintain. It's seriously the best diet because you can "cheat" every once in a while, and you can eat WHATEVER you want as long as you keep the portions and nutrients within your point allowance. I have tried lots of diets in the past 2 years and honestly, this one is the best. It might be a little slower than others, but I never ever feel deprived, and Drew and I still get to eat out once a week and I still lose. I have almost reached my 10 % and then have 20 more pounds to my goal. Hopefully I reach my goal by mid-July. I will keep updating :) I feel so much better, though I don't really feel like it's showing yet. Hopefully soon!
The bad: Clark County School District is in the process of laying people off due to budget cuts. Luckily, Drew made it past the initial round, and now we are waiting to hear if he gets "bumped" or not. (If a teacher got fired in the district that has his credentials/teaching requirements, they can take his job from him.) We should know by May.
The funny: We have (had) a cockroach infestation. (No that is NOT funny, but it gets funny..)Drew claims it wasn't an infestation, but I say 12 a day is one indeed. We had our bug guy spray twice, and they were STILL showing up places. Finally, Drew went and bought our own spray to try and get rid of the little stinkers. I HATE them. Worse than spiders, really. They are creepy and yucky and run fast and...BLAH! Anyway, he bought the spray at about 5:00 p.m one day, and I told him we would wait til the next day to spray because I wanted to gut the whole house, clean and spray. (I assumed it would take a couple hours and didn't want to start that night.) So...he sprayed our door ways and the garage and we called it a night. We had commented a couple times that day that we were happy we hadn't seen any upstairs, and hoped they hadn't found their way there. At this point Drew was really stressed that I was so stressed and bugged about these bugs. Well, bed time came (10:30 ish) and I was the first to go upstairs. I turned on the light and BAM there was a cockroach sitting on the top stair. Ugh. I yelled for Drew and he came and killed it...then I said, "If there is one up here, there has to be more..." not 2 seconds later I turned to our bedroom and said, "MY PILLOW!" There was one sitting there staring at us like, "Haha, I found the WORST place in the house to possibly sit." I died. Seriously. So, Drew killed it. We looked all over our bedroom/closet, and didn't see anymore. Drew decided to spray that night instead. (He was mad at me that I said we couldn't do it later and now it was 11 pm and he had to spray.) Anyway, he eventually finished, however I would NOT sleep in our bedroom. (Remember from a previous post, our bed is currently on the floor...yeah, not happening.) So we slept on our fouton in the guest room. *Uncomfortable, LONG, miserable night.* I kept waking up thinking they were crawling on me. But the next night--there were 12 dead downstairs and NONE alive. (Huge record since they showed up.) And since, we've only seen 1 alive and only a couple dead, meaning they don't come in anymore. I just hope they are gone for good soon. I HATE them. Sorry no pics, I'm lame.
2 comments:
It should be the good, the bad, and the disgusting!!! That's awesome about weight watchers!! That is scary about Drew.... I will keep my fingers crossed and pray. Miss you. Travis was out of town for 5 days and I needed someone to hang out with and I was wishing you were around!!
Dang, I was really hoping you'd have pictures of the cockroaches... Ha ha! Ugh, that sucks! I would die too! I HATE cockroaches! So yeah, we should TOTALLY come visit. Soon :)
Post a Comment