During my Acclamation show in 2007, (before I met and was on Acclamation with Drew,) our show was a 70's show. It was all pretty fun. Maybe not very good with our 8 members that year, but we worked with what we had and it turned out okay. My absolute FAVORITE number was sung by one member, danced by another, and accompanied on the piano by a third. It has been a long time favorite song. Billy Joel's, "She's Got a Way." I remember thinking as I watched Stacia dance from off-stage, "Why can't someone feel this way about me." "I want to find a guy that thinks all these wonderful things about me." And ever since then, whenever I heard the song, I would think the same thing. Sometimes more of a, "I hope my HUSBAND thinks these things of me" thought. Until the other day when I re-watched our Accla show. As it started I listened close to the lyrics and realized, I am the one who can say THAT about my spouse. Sure, I hope he can say the same of me, but how lucky am I that such a wonderful song can reflect my feelings of my love? Changing the lyrics to "him" and "he", I was able to just smile as I thought of my Drew and the amazing man he is.
He's got a way about
himI don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without
himHe's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know why it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason anywhere
He's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when
he reveals me
He's got a way of talkin'
I don't know why it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin' anywhere
He comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
He touches me and I get turned around
He's got a way of showin'
How I make
him feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'
He's got a light around
himAnd ev'rywhere
he goes a million
Dreams of love surround
him everywhere
He comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
he touches me, I get turned around oh oh oh
He's got a smile that heals me
I don't know why it is
But I have to laugh when
he reveals me
He's got a way about
himI don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without
him any way
I love HIM! Sorry for the cheese...it was needed!
No comments:
Post a Comment