April 25, 2011

San Diego

We went to San Diego for a quick get-away last week. Drew's spring break was kinda late this year, and fell the week before my birthday (which is today. Happy 23rd me!) So we decided to make a birthday/spring break little trip to Sea World. We left Sunday morning and drove to our hotel in downtown San Diego. It was a super nice hotel that lots of famous people have stayed at. It was the most expensive hotel in America in the 1970's, and had all of the original marble and carpet and everything. It was really cool to see. The lobby was super fancy, which made us feel super weird checking in with all our baby gear. Once we got settled, Luke had a quick nap and then we went to a mall right across the street and hung out for a few hours. The next day we went to Sea World! One of my favorite places, though I feel bad for the animals. I am obsessed with dolphins. Like, it's kinda scary how much I love them. So of course the dolphin show and the dolphin pool are my favorites. But the penguins are a close second! Luke tried so hard to stay awake for Shamu, but missed it by a few minutes. He just fell asleep in my arms like *that* (snap). We stayed until about 4 then left so Luke could have a quick nap before we went to dinner. We just got pizza (I know, diet food? not so much..) and then went back to the hotel to put Luke down. FUN DAY! Tuesday we went to the beach in Carlsbad. Drew's brother's wife Kelsea and her fam have gone to this beach for 21 years now, and we have gone a couple years with them. It's such a fun town and an awesome beach! We always have to eat at Senor Grubby's. YUMMY. Then we were on our way to our next hotel in San Bernardino. (We decided to split the trip up on the way home for Luke.) That hotel was SUPER nice too! Not as fancy, but more "modern nice." We swam in the pool, worked out, and stayed in watching Biggest Loser. It was such a fun get away. I'm so happy we were able to do it. Drew and I are going out tonight for my birthday! Not sure what we're doing but I'm sure I will blog about it later. Can't believe my little boy is 11 months tomorrow!! He looks like a little boy with his new haircut..pics to come.













4 comments:

The Jarretts said...

Sounds SO FUN!! Whenever I hear somebody say something about Carlsbad I always think of you :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wish we could come have some cake with you.

Sorensons said...

How fun! Love all the pictures! You are beautiful and have such a cute fam. Happy Birthday!! San Diego will forever remind me of you!

Lola + Ryan said...

I love all the pictures, as if you couldn't tell by my excessive FB commenting. But...Drew has a brother? I'm...so confused. How did I not know this?

Landon Family said...

How. Freakin. Fun!!!