Dear Luke:
I have been meaning to write a letter for weeks and I just can't seem to get into it again. It's really bothering me because I feel like I'm forgetting important things (or will forget them if I don't write them here). The other night Daddy and I were talking in bed and laughing at some of the things you had said or did that day. Dad said, "You really need to blog." That was the last thing on my mind but he is right! I never want to forget a single funny moment or memory that our sweet boy gives us, and the only way to be sure of that is documenting them! You are talking so much and are just so full of energy every time we turn around you are dancing, jumping, yelling, singing, making some funny or weird facial expression, etc. A couple funny stories:
-We were shopping the other day for a couple things at a Halloween store for our annual Murder Mystery party. (yay!) and the new Train song came on the radio (50 Ways To Say Goodbye). Out of the blue I heard you singing, "Help me, help me....nananana light na na na goodbye." It's so funny to me how you pick up on things even when we have no hand in the matter.
-A couple weeks ago we finished reading your bedtime stories and you looked at me very seriously, held up your little pointer finger, burrowed your eyebrows and said, "One more!" It was very cute at the time even though you kept arguing with us for one more. NOW it's not as cute and is kind of becoming a problem because you'll ask to do something "One more time" before you have even been given permission to do it once. We were at Target and you stood up in the cart and said "Jump?" And I said "No jumping!" and you said, "One more time!" Again very seriously. It's hard not to laugh at times like that but you cute little dude sure know how to manipulate.
-You were obsessed with all things Halloween. Our neighbors go all out on decorating their yards and houses. They have big blow up pumpkins, witches, cats, etc. Every single day you wake up asking to go see the blow up things or pumpkins. You love driving around just looking at them. And if we go to any store that has pumpkins your day is made. You absolutely loved the pumpkin patch. We took you a couple of weeks ago and you loved it. You could have stayed in the jump house for days. It took Daddy a little while to convince you to go down the huge blow up slide, but once you did, you wanted to "One more time!"
-Our favorite thing you have started doing is calling Daddy, Drew. Haha. Forget about daddy. If you need something you call, "Drew!" from the other room. I guess we should probably start teaching you that isn't proper "respect" but it's too dang cute for the time being.
Our lives have been really busy as daddy has started his Masters and is gone Monday and Wednesday nights from 5-8, and Saturday mornings from 8-3. :( It's a huge adjustment but getting one on one time with you has been fun. This pregnancy is so much different having a crazy toddler to care for, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I am thankful more and more for you every single day, little buddy. You light up our world and every day is a new adventure. We watched a bunch of old videos of you last night from you under your jaundice lights to dancing around in the living room and everything in between. Can't believe you will be 2 and a half this month. So crazy. Not a baby anymore that's for sure! But that's okay because we'll have one of those around here soon enough. I just hope we can get you potty trained and sleeping better before that day! Love you little man.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment